SketchBook by McDermott

Cartoons - Animation - Illustrations - Comicbooks - Magazines - Books - Illustrators - Caricatures - Fine Art - Web Art

Friday, July 22, 2011

Antonio Banderas Will Play Scary Guy in New Almodóvar Movie

Famous Faces - Antonio Banderas 
Caricature Sketches of Antonio Banderas
Jim here,
From the mean streets of Lowell,Ma.( home of Irish Mickey Ward ) I've been drawing most of my life. I went to the New England School of Art and Design on Newbury Street in Boston, Ma. I went out to the west coast after school and work in art and illustration for years out there. Let's see...by the time I came back to New England It was about 90 ish? For certain personal reasons I got away from art for 4 or 5 years. It's great to be drawing again, in all the years of drawing I have done very little caricatures, I started trying them about 3 months ago for the first time and i am having so much fun and I'm looking forward to posting some new one's. Attached is one of the first 1's in color also attached is the black and white. Hope to do some more posts in color.

Antonio Banderas will play a “real psychopath” in Pedro Almodóvar’s next movie, La Piel Que Habito (The Skin I Live In), the first time the two have collaborated since 1990’sTie Me Up, Tie Me Down. (The pair also worked together on films like Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, when Banderas looked like this.) Their new project, about a plastic surgeon taking revenge on his daughter’s rapist, will, according to Almodóvar, “be a terror film, without screams or scares," but surely with a gorgeous color palette.





No comments:

Post a Comment