SketchBook by McDermott

Cartoons - Animation - Illustrations - Comicbooks - Magazines - Books - Illustrators - Caricatures - Fine Art - Web Art

Friday, May 20, 2011

Landscapes Sketches

Illustratuons by Jim McDermott

Simple Landscape Sketches Through Pen and Ink Drawing




Pen and ink drawing can be unforgiving – once the ink hits the paper, it's permanent. I been work from memory I take of natural landscapes and when I sit in my studio to draw, my feelings about the subject flow from pen to the paper. My goal is to capture the life and spirit of each landscape.


I first learned about ink drawing techniques in art school - New England School of Art and Design (hard edge design, pointillism, hatching, cross hatching and more). 
In the past 20-years I’ve created and developed new skills as a working artist






Illustrations by Jim McDermott

No comments:

Post a Comment